Houston Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Downtown is the heart of Houston, Texas’s largest city. We love our seven-mile, air-conditioned Tunnel System; our Visitors Center – one of the largest in the U.S.; our Theater District, featuring all the performing arts in one walkable area; our stadiums, offering baseball, basketball, and soccer. We love green, from our free Greenlink Connector shuttle to our LEED-certified skyscrapers to our parks. And we love to eat out more than anyone in the U.S., savoring BBQ to Bombay pizza, fajitas to feta, and sushi to salads. We’d love to say “howdy” to you, so join us on an Urban Adventure and find out why Texas means Friendly.
from 30 reviews
From USD 35.00
Houston, we have a problem: there are just too many good pubs in your city. Join this Houston tour to visit a pub with an old-school jukebox, a bar that trades as a tailor shop by day, a watering hole in an 1800's gambling parlor, and a bar that features features pinball and pool. Fun guaranteed; hangovers optional.more...
Heart of the Tunnel Walk
from 30 reviews
From USD 35.00
Tunnel into the heart of Houston on this adventure from the 1920's to now. Trade in Art Deco for contemporary and head underground into the city's tunnel system to discover what lies beneath. A nifty chance to escape the Texan heat, this Houston tour even surprises locals.more...
Place: Discovery Green - [ 19/06/2015 ]
The Down Home Blues Kick Off Concert honoring the legendary Grady Gains and FriendsDowntown Carriage Rides
Place: Landry's Downtown Aquarium - [ 22/05/2014 - 30/06/2015 ]
A leisurely horse-drawn carriage ride from Houston's Theater District to Discovery Green and back is a perfect way to enjoy the best parts of Downtown.Niko Niko's Sangria Saturdays
Place: Market Square Park - [ 16/04/2015 - 02/07/2015 ]
Head on over to Market Square Park at 9 a.m. on Saturdays to enjoy Niko Niko's morning Greekfest -- a delicious Greek breakfast, complete with Sangrias.more events...
Why is Houston the Emerald City?
more... more stories...
16 Mar 2015 This guide had the perfect amount of sightseeing and listening to the tour guide giving a history lesson. I had a fun time exploring my own city. Our tour guide, Mike was beyond amazing. My friend and I were 15 minutes late due to an accident on the road (we drove from Spring to Downtown Houston) and he was understanding. He also had a great sense of humor and an extensive knowledge of the city. I would definitely recommend him!
28 Jan 2015 I had a blast! Our guide Mike was very interesting and fun. Lots of interesting facts
06 Jan 2015 The tour of Houston s underground was interesting. I wish the weather would have been clear to see the city from the 60th floor of the building we were in. The guide was very informative and had great stories of the history of Houston . Can't wait to do the pub crawl.Michael is a very good guide.
10 Dec 2014 Mike did an outstanding job on our Pub Tour. He made history come alive...and also had several great ghost stories. We'd recommend this Tour to any other Yankees who're visiting Houston for the first time.
22 Nov 2014 Our tour guide, Mike, was excellent. As a visitor to Houston I learned quite a bit about the city and its history.
28 Oct 2014 I had a wonderful time! I love Mike!
24 Oct 2014 It was a small group, I liked it very much. There was a lot of opportunity to ask questions.
14 Oct 2014 Loved it! I am a local and learned so much.
08 Oct 2014 The tour guide, Mike, made this tour a fun and memorable experience for my boyfriend and I. He was friendly and knowledgable and he made a point to initiate conversations with every one in the group, which was almost 25 people! I will recommend Urban Adventures and will definitely do a tour again!
07 Oct 2014 Had a wonderful time and Mike was a great tour guide.
Houston Urban Adventures unlock the secrets of Houston and Texas. Join us on a Heart of the Tunnel Walk or a Historic Downtown Pub Crawl to find out what makes the city tick and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions.
Feels like: 26°C
Scattered clouds. Warm.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.